Bid Manager – KH038
Job Title: Bid Manager
Location: Sidcup, Kent
Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 08.00am – 5.00pm
Salary: dependant on experience + £5k car allowance
Established in 1997, KH Engineering Services Ltd is one of the UK’s leading providers of mechanical and electrical (‘M&E’) engineering solutions covering the design, management and delivery of services for the rail and wider transport sectors. Our services are typically delivered across five categories; design and survey; M&E installation; lighting installation and testing; bespoke engineering and civil works; and maintenance.
The successful applicant will be reporting to the Managing Director and will be responsible for identifying business opportunities that align with our business strategy whilst managing the collation of all costs and documents associated with preparing winning bid’s and taking ownership of the end-to-end process.
You will be confident managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management. Proven experience of the seamless integration of these elements is essential to this role to ensure an effective and well-structured bid is completed to the required specification in a timely manner.
You will also be working collaboratively with our sister companies for support with CV’s, case studies and branding.
- Management of client web portals & new business work streams (new enquiry database, from inception of correspondence to live project).
- Accountable for managing PQQ submissions.
- Administer tender documents on document control system (Deltek) and co-ordinate documents to BID members / sub-contractors.
- Working with key members of the project team and the client organisation to obtain the information required to compile the bid.
- Negotiating with specialist suppliers and/or subcontractors.
- Provide support on Microsoft Projects to the Operations team.
- Delivery process development – ensuring processes and input is collected comprehensively and via the most digitally viable methods.
- Obtain quotation feedback from clients.
- Weekly reports to Managing Director capturing new opportunities, recent submissions and follow up on submitted tenders.
- Degree in Marketing or Construction/Engineering related disciplines
- Extensive experience working as a Bid Manager within a projects-based/Construction environment
- Understanding of commercial aspects of bidding including pipeline management
- Proven ability of working to tight deadlines
- Technical writing experience
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Projects, PowerPoint and Excel.
KH Engineering Services are part of the M Group where we can offer the following company benefits; Aviva Health Insurance, Company Pension Scheme, Developmental Training, Employee Assistance Programme, and a My Rewards Scheme to help save on everyday spending.