Job Title: Document Controller
Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, 8.00 to 17.00 (some out of hours work will be required on occasion)
Salary: Dependant on experience
Established in 1997, KH Engineering Services Ltd is one of the UK’s leading providers of mechanical and electrical (‘M&E’) engineering solutions covering the design, management and delivery of services for the rail and wider transport sectors. Our services are typically delivered across five categories; design and survey; M&E installation; lighting installation and testing; bespoke engineering and civil works; and maintenance.
Due to company expansion, we are recruiting for a reliable and hardworking Document Controller to join our electrical contracting company where you will be based at our head office in Sidcup, Kent.
From time to time, this role will be site based to oversee administrative tasks and document control across our projects in the South East.
Responsibility and accountability for the effective day to day duties associated with the Operations department:
- Contribute to the formation and implementation of a new document control system
- Update our company management system (PIM) with correct project details including the development and maintenance of all documentation and correspondence
- Distribute & file incoming documentation / tenders, including the renaming of files upon receipt to make them easier to locate within PIM
- Managing all interfaces with document Control between Head Office & Sites
- Creating, Managing and updating project document control procedures document
- Review all documents for quality prior to issue
- Assist management with the smooth running of all administration tasks, and Office Manager with submission deadlines for reports.
- Collate information for Project Manager’s and Engineers
- Review and update technical documents (e.g. O&M manuals, work packs, tenders)
- Create templates in PIM for future use
- Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients
- Manage the flow of documentation within the organisation
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information, tenders and contracts
- Proven work experience as a Document Controller in a similar role
- Excellent organisation skills with an eye for detail and ability to work to deadlines
- Confident using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent administration skills
- Team Player with good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of working in the Rail industry within either Electrical or Mechanical projects is advantageous
KH Engineering Services are part of the M Group where we can offer the following company benefits; Company Healthcare Scheme, Company Pension Scheme, Developmental Training, Employee Assistance Programme, and a My Rewards Scheme to help save on everyday spending.