Job Title: Electrical Estimator
Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 08.00am – 5.00pm
Salary: Dependant on experience
Established in 1997, KH Engineering Services Ltd is one of the UK’s leading providers of mechanical and electrical (‘M&E’) engineering solutions covering the design, management and delivery of services for the rail and wider transport sectors. Our services are typically delivered across five categories; design and survey; M&E installation; lighting installation and testing; bespoke engineering and civil works; and maintenance.
Suitable applicants will have worked their way up from being a qualified electrician to now having proven experience working as an Electrical Estimator on projects from £50k to multi-million-pound projects. You will be accountable for the interpretation of electrical design drawings, project specifications and complete accurate take off sheets as well as completing quotation analysis comparison from Sub-Contractors quotations for inclusion in priced tender.
You will support project leads throughout the tender submission and prepare project overview documents for tender assessment as required by the Managing Director.
- Understand and scrutinise the project specifications and design drawings
- Manage and assist in PQQ preparation and submission
- Measure of materials and labour and preparation of take offs
- Complete tenders within strict deadlines ensuring effective use of time management and communication
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Understand and scrutinise sub-contractor quotations and clarify and resolve any queries in a timely manner
- Send enquiries to wholesalers and supply chain whilst developing and maiming existing and new relationships
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors in a courteous and professional manner
- Preparing and accurate update report for the Directors on all tenders and submissions
- Attend post tender award and pre construction meetings with the Project Delivery Team as part of a structured handover
- Current in date ECS Gold Card or CSCS Card showing relevant Grade
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Rail experience is desirable
- Personal Track Safety (PTS) would be advantageous however full training will be given to the successful candidate
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services or Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Maintenance Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment and AM2 Assessment or NET AAC
- C&G 2365 or previous C&G 2330 + AM2 assessment
- Level 3 in Electrical Installations BS7671: 2008 (17th Edition)
- Confident using Microsoft applications and Estimation software.
KH Engineering Services are part of the M Group where we can offer the following company benefits; Aviva Health Insurance, Company Pension Scheme, Developmental Training, Employee Assistance Programme, and a My Rewards Scheme to help save on everyday spending.