Logistics & Transport Manager
Job Title: Logistics & Transport Manager
Location: Allington, Kent
Hours of Work: 47 hours per week – Monday to Thursday 07:00 to 17:00, Friday 8:30 to 16:30
Salary: dependant on experience (Plus Benefits)
Established in 1997, KH Engineering Services Ltd is one of the UK’s leading providers of mechanical and electrical (‘M&E’) engineering solutions covering the design, management and delivery of services for the rail and wider transport sectors. Our services are typically delivered across five categories; design and survey; M&E installation; lighting installation and testing; bespoke engineering and civil works; and maintenance.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of our dedicated warehouse that stores all plant and electrical equipment required for our engineering team.
You will manage a small team with a focus on Fleet management of 40+ LGVs in line with our FORS accreditation, alongside procurement of electrical components, plant, equipment and materials whilst overcoming logistical challenges to support the smooth delivery of electrically based projects and reactive maintenance contracts throughout a broad geographical area.
Successful applicants will have extensive experience working in wholesale or warehouse environment, with logistics and fleet management knowledge.
- Managing the Warehouse team, ensuring accurate deliveries are made to site-based engineers or delivered to Warehouse for engineer collection in a timely manner
- Build and maintain good relationships with local and national suppliers and service providers, ensuring the efficient selection and provision of Plant, both inhouse and Hires/Returns, machinery and materials are available in a timely manner to allow the Operational Directors to deliver planned and reactive works to a programme timeline
- Full 360 Fleet management for 40+ LGVs in line with our FORS accreditation ensuring all administrative tasks are completed on a daily basis
- Taking accountability for maintaining an efficient, well organised inventory of electrical component, materials and plant including quarantine, calibration and repairs
- Management of Teletrack Navman and Samsara tracker systems
- Ensure the plant and calibration database is updated regularly and accurately
- Implementing and complying with Health & Safety legislation
- Monitoring stock levels through trend analysis, and forward planning minimum/maximum
- Managing and updating of FleetCheck
- Accountable for the efficient stock control of PPE
- Working closely with internal customers to manage expectations and meet delivery needs in an efficient manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence – Essential
- Counterbalance Forklift Licence – Essential
- PAT Testing Certificate –
- Knowledge of Racking Safety however training on this can be provided
- Experience of FORS fleet management – Essential
- Proficient IT skills across MS packages and tracker/ procurement systems
KH Engineering Services are part of the M Group where we can offer the following company benefits; Aviva Health Insurance, Company Pension Scheme, Developmental Training, Employee Assistance Programme, and a My Rewards Scheme to help save on everyday spending.